Short story competition – open to age 17+
Word count: 2000 words maximum on any theme
First prize £100
Second prize £50
Deadline for entries: 14 January 2018
Judge: Alexa von Hirschberg, Senior Commissioning Editor at Bloomsbury Publishing. Alexa began her career at Canongate Books in 2007 and has been at Bloomsbury since 2008. Her list of authors include Reni Eddo-Lodge, Kate Tempest, Melissa Harrison, PJ Harvey, Aminatta Forna, Samantha Shannon, Damian Barr, Laurie Penny and Natasha Pulley.
Winning entries will be read on Faversham community radio show Creek FM (www.creekfm.co.uk) and will be published on Faversham Literary Festival website.
- The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries must be in English, original and must not have been published or have won a competition elsewhere.
- Short stories must be a maximum of 2000 words and can be on any theme.
- The competition is open to all professions and nationalities resident in the UK from 17+ years of age at date of submission.
- Faversham Literary Festival will retain the copyright to any published collection of winning entries, but authors will retain the copyright to their individual submissions.
- Entries will not be accepted after the closing date.
- Winners will be notified before the launch of the festival on 23 February 2018. If you do not hear from us we regret your entry has not been successful.
- By entering and supplying your email address you are allowing us to notify you about Faversham Literary Festival. Your information will not be shared with any third parties.